Attention! TE is installed only over SOD (Shadow of Death) or Complete versions of HoMM3!
Question #1: Can you name few features of TE? What is better than in Shadow of Death or Complete?
- "Town view", "Hero view", "Upgraded stack hit-n-run","Artefact cheat sell" bugs were fixed
- You can exchange the whole armies by clicking the "Change Army" button on the hero meeting screen.
- Witch Hut visiting will show the dialog window which asks
if you want to learn secondary skill. The price of learning is 500 gold.
- Players will receive gems (instead of sulfur) after capturing NagaBank
- Tower - Cloud Castle (giants) doesn't require Altar of Wishes (genies)
- Inferno - Pit Fiends upgrade doesn't require Mage Guild
- All weekly/monthly growth increases are disabled.
- Basic 7th level creatures growth in Conflux is decreased to 1.5 per week
- Starting heroes will always have three stacks of monsters.
- Logistic specialists will gain 5% bonus to this skill without hero level dependence.
- Spell scrolls are replaced with gold piles. Gold quantity depends on spell level
- Quick combat without usage of mana
- Antimagic became "universal" spell. It is present at all magic schools now.
- ...and many more features...
Question #2: Is it official version?
Answer: No. It was developed by team of enthusiasts according to wishes of best players
Question #3: What were main objectives of developers?
Answer: Objectives were to create MORE balanced MULTIPLAYER game with MORE strategies and better game interface.
Question #4: Is it WOG (Wake of Gods HoMM3 version)?
Answer: No, however WOG is used as engine. Only few WOG (best) features are present in TE.
Question #5: Should I pay for this wonderful version?
Answer: No, TE is free to download. You should own only basic SOD/Complete version
Question #6: Is TE compatible with ROE/AB/SOD?
Answer: No. TE 1.03q is compatible with TE 1.03q only
Question #7: I wish to play both SOD and TE. Is it possible?
it's possible to quickly manually switch versions. All you need is to
make copy of original \DATA\ folder before starting WOG/TE installation.
Question #8: NEW! Is there recommended set of TE settings?
Answer: Attention: do these settings only after TE is fully installed! Download TE recommended settings,
unpack them into your \DATA\ folder. When you start new game, load
settings (\DATA\Default_WCL.dat) in WOG Options. TE rules are bit
different from SOD: Necro/Conflux towns are allowed, diplo allowed (it
doesn't join monsters anymore), Log heroes allowed. Additionally,
players may discuss which feature is enabled/disabled: experience,
upgraded stack, moral of neutral guards
Question #9: Where can I read more about TE version?
Answer: Click here
for TE manual (360kb). Keep in mind: this manual is for version TE
1.03f, a bit corrected for version 1.03q by SAG. However some incorrect
information from old version 1.03f still may exist, this manual will be
Question #10: How can I install TE?
- Make a COPY of \DATA\ folder (name it like: \DATA_SOD\).
After intallation of TE version you will be able to switch back for old
- Install WOG 3.58f. Do not select "Animated trees" option. For instructions click here
- Install TE:
- Download this file
- Save it to \UPDATE\ folder
- Run H3wUpd.exe
- Download TE recommended settings, unpack them into your \DATA\ folder
Question #11: How to launch TE?
Answer: Run h3te.exe
Question #12: How can i switch back to SOD?
- Rename \DATA\ folder to \DATA_TE\
- Rename \DATA_SOD\ to \DATA\
- Done! Run heroes3.exe as usual
Question #13: I have questions about TE or proposal for future TE version, where can I ask them?
Answer: Ask your questions here